Luncheon Featuring Dr John Greenwood: From Inflation to Deflation – Where Next for the Leading Economies?
Renowned monetary economist Dr John Greenwood, an Honorary Fellow at the HKSI Institute, will be delivering a talk at an event hosted by Mr Colin Shaftesley, Chairman of the HKSI Institute. This special occasion will also include the long-awaited induction ceremony of Dr Greenwood, which was postponed in 2020 due to travel restrictions when he was awarded the Honorary Fellowship.
Dr Greenwood is widely recognised as the architect of Hong Kong's currency peg, a system that has played a crucial role in shaping the city's economic stability. In this event, Dr Greenwood will offer valuable perspectives on
- the outlook for major economies, including the United States, the Euro area, the United Kingdom, China, and Japan;
- the delayed effects of tight money that is due to the overhang of excess money balances from 2020-21;
- the size of this overhang, and how long it can support spending and employment in the US and other major economies;
- the Money-to-Nominal GDP relationship and the Transmission Process of Monetary Growth; and
- interest rates and their likely movement over the next two years.
Register for this distinguished event to hear from Dr Greenwood as he highlights the five key signals to watch and explains the portfolio implications of his views.
- Dress Code: Business Attire (please adhere to the strict dress code policies of The Hong Kong Club)
- The HKSI Institute reserves the right to change the date, venue or event format due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- Withdrawal policy and Member Benefits eCredit do not apply to this event.