Your privacy is important to us. All information collected through your use of our website and ePlatform is intended to be used as a means to better serve our current and future customers. The Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute (“HKSI Institute”) is committed to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region The People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”), and will at its best endeavor provide full protection and keep in strict confidence to any personal information received by HKSI Institute. HKSI Institute does not intend to offer goods or services to or monitor the behavior of any individuals or natural persons within the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and therefore we will comply data protection requirement according to the Ordinance of Hong Kong.
- Data collection
- HKSI Institute would collect and keep your personal information, such as, title, English name and Chinese name, HKID or Passport number, email address, telephone number, domain names and IP addresses together with other information, in the following conditions:
- When you register as a “ePlatform user” or apply as a "HKSI Institute member”, details of which are set out in the website of HKSI Institute;
- When you participate in any examinations, trainings, events, surveys or any activities in HKSI Institute; and
- When you express any opinions in respect of the website or any other platform of and/or services provided by HKSI Institute. Without such data, HKSI Institute may not be able to provide services in part or in whole to its members and/or you.
- HKSI Institute does not sell, trade or disclose any information you provided to any third party without your prior written consent.
- To the extent necessary to meet the law of Hong Kong, HKSI Institute may disclose your personal information without your prior consent to a third party.
- HKSI Institute reserves the right to use the personal information you provided for statistical and data analysis, and the right to use and publish the results thus generated.
Cookies are small pieces of information, which a website or ePlatform may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website to recognise your device the next time you visit and remember some information about your browsing activity on the website. Most cookies will not collect information that may identify you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use the websites, or a user’s general location.
We use Google analytics which sets cookies to get information on site usage and popularity. To disable cookies, you can configure your browser to disable them. Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider. However, please remember that if you do choose to block cookies, you may find that some sections of our website and ePlatform may not work or perform at their best.
The purposes for which your personal information may be used include:
- verification of your identity;
- administration and daily operation of HKSI Institute;
- processing enrolment of activities organised by HKSI Institute;
- conducting surveys;
- direct marketing of products, facilities and services (please see further details in the section entitled “Use of your personal data in direct marketing” below);
- handling complaints and enquiries;
- making disclosure according to the requirements of any law or regulations applicable to HKSI Institute;
- updating the register of members; and
- any other directly related matters.
- Use of your personal data in direct marketing
Where you have given your consent and have not subsequently opted out, HKSI Institute is also allowed to use your personal data in direct marketing.
In connection with direct marketing, HKSI Institute intends to:
- use your name, email address and contact details held by HKSI Institute from time to time in direct marketing; and
- market the following products, facilities, services and subjects which may be offered or arranged by any member of the Group (as defined hereinafter) or business partners which conducts cross or joint marketing activities with any member of the Group:
- courses and seminars; and
If you do NOT wish HKSI Institute continue to use your personal data in direct marketing, you may exercise your opt-out right. You may indicate your preference in the “communication preference” section in the Online Portal. You may also write to the Corporate Affairs Department, at the address stated below or send to [email protected] stating your name and other necessary particulars to consent to or opt out from direct marketing at any time. HKSI Institute will cease to use your personal data in direct marketing once it receives your notification indicating objection to use of your personal data in direct marketing. Processing of such request is free of charge.
- Transfer of personal data
Personal information will be kept confidential but HKSI Institute may provide such information to the following persons (whether within or outside Hong Kong) except that HKSI Institute has no current intention to transfer customer data to another person for it to use in direct marketing:
- subsidiaries of HKSI Institute (HKSI Institute and its subsidiaries collectively referred as the “Group”);
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides services to the Group in connection with the operation of HKSI Institute’s business;
- the media (only in relation to the handling of complaints and enquiries referred to HKSI Institute by the media);
- any person to whom HKSI Institute is under an obligation or is otherwise expected to make disclosure according to any law and regulations applicable to HKSI Institute;
- any person who owes a duty of confidentiality to HKSI Institute (e.g. professional advisers of HKSI Institute).
- Retention of personal data
HKSI Institute keeps personal data for such period that is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the data was collected or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- Every ePlatform user has his or her private password, and our system allows restricted access with that password only.
- Access to personal information is only granted by using the authorised password.
- HKSI Institute will take all practicable steps to protect all personal data in our system. If you discover any of your personal data being disclosed to a third party, please contact us immediately.
- You should not reveal your password to any third parties. You have to log out from our system in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information.
HKSI Institute takes all reasonably practical measures to protect personal data, whether stored physically or electronically, and prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use (including transfer). Personal data is stored under lock, encrypted or password-protected as necessary. When HKSI Institute engages a data processor to process personal data on its behalf, contractual or other means are adopted to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use (including transfer) of the data transferred to the data processor.
- Links to third party websites
- Domain Names and IP Addresses
Every time when you log in to the HKSI Institute website, our web servers will automatically verify your domain name and IP address and other information via cookies, and HKSI Institute will use these data for statistical and data analysis.
- Intellectual property
- Except expressly stated otherwise, the copyright of all the contents under HKSI Institute, including texts, graphics, photos, audios and videos, are owned by HKSI Institute.
- Except expressly stated otherwise, none of the information and materials mentioned above can be copied, modified, reproduced, published, uploaded, transmitted and distributed in any form or by any means, without the prior permission of HKSI Institute. If you discover that other individuals or organisations have infringed the copyright of HKSI Institute, please contact us immediately.
- Access to and correction of personal data
Any person has the right under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance:
- to check whether HKSI Institute holds records of their personal data;
- to obtain a copy of that data; and
- to correct any data which is inaccurate.
Such person may be requested to pay a reasonable handling charge to cover data access processing.
All enquiries on personal data should be in writing and please send to us by email or mail.
Corporate Affairs Department
Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
Room 510, 5/F,
Wing On Centre,
111 Connaught Road Central,
By accessing website and any of its webpages you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out above.
When you leave website, you will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the websites you are visiting.
English and Chinese Versions
If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.