Important Notes when accessing HKSI Institute website and ePlatforms
By accessing the website (“website”) and ePlatforms (“ePlatforms”) of the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute (“HKSI Institute”) or any of its webpage(s) and digital platforms, you unconditionally agree to be bound by the terms and conditions hereunder and as they may be modified and/or supplemented from time to time by HKSI Institute without prior notice to you. Please check this webpage regularly for any modifications and/or supplements which may be made.
The below are hereinafter collectively called the " eServices" or “ePlatforms”, namely,
- Online Portal;
- Online Enrolment Service (hereinafter called the "OES") for:
- courses, events or activities;
- webinars, eCourses or eSeminars;
- Online Payment Service;
- Webinar, eCourse and eSeminar Service;
- Mobile Application.
- Limitation of liability
- HKSI Institute will use reasonable endeavors to ensure the accuracy of any information placed on the website and ePlatforms but HKSI Institute does not guarantee the accuracy and reliability of the information thereon.
- The information provided on the website and ePlatforms is for general information only and is provided on an "AS IS" and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any express or implied warranty of any kind and may be changed at any time without any prior notice.
- In no event shall HKSI Institute be liable for any errors, omissions, misstatements or misrepresentations (whether express or implied) concerning any such information. HKSI Institute shall neither have nor accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) for any party’s any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation to any incidental or consequential loss, destruction or damage) howsoever resulting from use, misuse or inability to use of any information provided on or through this website and ePlatforms or arising from any errors, omissions, misstatements or misrepresentations (whether express or implied) concerning any such information or arising from any decision, action or inaction based on or in reliance on any such information.
- The HKSI Institute does not guarantee that it would provide any updates for its mobile application, or that such updates will continue to support user’s device or system. Users are recommended to download and install updates of the HKSI Institute’s mobile application regularly, or user may not be able to continue to access its mobile application. By accessing the mobile application, user also agrees to receive the Institute’s mobile push notifications.
- Third party content
- This website and ePlatforms may contain contents contributed by any parties other than HKSI Institute (“Third Parties”). To facilitate access to information provided by or via Third Parties, HKSI Institute may provide or assist in providing links to external websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. HKSI Institute hereby states and declares that it has not approved or endorsed the contents contributed by Third Parties on this website and ePlatforms or any external websites linked thereto.
- The provision of any such contents or links to external websites shall not constitute any form of co-operation or affiliation between HKSI Institute and any such Third Parties or external websites.
- By accessing this website, any of the webpage or ePlatforms, you unconditionally agree to be bound by the Hyperlink Policy of HKSI Institute as set out under paragraphs 3 and 4 below and you acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter any of the linked external websites, HKSI Institute shall not be responsible to you and/or any party, directly or indirectly, for (including without limitation to):
- the privacy practices of such external websites;
- the availability of such external websites or resources, and any contents, advertisings, products, materials, goods, services or otherwise on or available from such websites or resources; and
- any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation to accidental or consequential loss, destruction or damage) caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or in reliance on any such contents, advertisings, products, materials, goods, services or otherwise available on or through any such websites or resources.
- Hyperlinks to website
HKSI Institute welcomes the creation of hyperlinks to its website and will be pleased to know your website address if you wish to have it linked to website. Unless otherwise approved by HKSI Institute, all links to website shall be connected to the front page of website. Thus, only the name, “Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute”, and website address of HKSI Institute, http://www.hksi.org, shall be displayed.
If you wish to link an external website to a specific page of website and content (video, text, images or any other information) or copying any content (video, text, images or any other information in full or partial of them), you must first obtain the prior written approval of HKSI Institute which may be given subject to conditions. HKSI Institute will assess each request on a case-by-case basis. HKSI Institute has the sole discretion to determine the way in which the hyperlink is to be structured and how the name of the specific page of website and logo of HKSI Institute should be displayed. Nothing on website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any intellectual properties displayed on website.
HKSI Institute is not obliged to establish a reciprocal link to your website following the establishment of a hyperlink from your website to website unless HKSI Institute consents to do so.
HKSI Institute is not responsible for the setup of any hyperlink from a third party website to that of HKSI Institute, hence any hyperlinks to website shall not constitute or be construed as any form of co-operation with HKSI Institute or endorsement by HKSI Institute of such third party website. HKSI Institute is not liable for any losses or damages incurred or suffered by you or any third party arising out of, in connection with or as a result of any such links.
HKSI Institute may at its absolute discretion give, refuse or rescind any approval granted and require the removal of any link to website at any time.
- Hyperlinks from website or ePlatforms
Some pages of website or ePlatforms may contain hyperlinks to third party websites or web pages. Use of these hyperlinks to any external website or web page is at your own risk. HKSI Institute is not responsible for the contents of or any of the information on or any broken link to any websites or web pages linked with website or ePlatforms.
The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by HKSI Institute of the linked websites and HKSI Institute is not liable for any losses or damages incurred or suffered by you or any third party arising out of, in connection with or as a result of any access to or interaction with any other websites via website or ePlatforms.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following without prior written approval of HKSI Institute:
- publishing any website or ePlatform material (video, text, images or any other information) in any other media;
- selling, sub-licensing any website or ePlatform material;
- performing, displaying and/or showing any website or ePlatform material publicly;
- using this website or ePlatforms in any way that impacts user access to them;
- using this website or ePlatforms in any way that is contrary to applicable laws and regulations, that may cause harm to the website, the ePlatforms, to HKSI Institute or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this website or ePlatforms;
- using this website or ePlatforms to engage in any advertising or marketing.
HKSI Institute reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law for breaches of any of the above terms and conditions.
By accessing the website, any of its webpages and the ePlatforms, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out above.
When you leave the website or ePlatforms, you will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the websites or ePlatforms you are visiting.
English and Chinese Versions
If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.