Compliance, Legislative & Regulatory Standards
[In-person] Sponsor’s Due Diligence and Case Studies 2022
A sponsor’s primary role is to provide assurance to the Stock Exchange and the market generally that the listing applicant complies with the Listing Rules and other relevant legal and regulatory requirements, and that the listing document provides sufficient particulars and information for investors to form a valid and justifiable opinion of the listing applicant’s shares, financial condition and profitability. In order to do so, the sponsor must conduct sufficient due diligence on the listing applicant and its business to an acceptable level.
This course provides:
1. An introduction to the standards and guidance provided by the HKEx and SFC on the sponsor's due diligence procedures in respect of a listing application; and
2. The case studies on this topic.
1. Practice Note 21 of the Listing Rules
2. Paragraph 17 of the Code of Conduct for Persons Licensed by or Registered with the SFC
3. SFC's Reports on Sponsor Inspection Findings in 2011 and 2018
4. Work required before submitting a listing application
5. Disclosure in the prospectus
6. Due diligence
7. Interview practices
8. Communications with regulators
9. Proper records
10. Resources, systems and controls
11. Annual assessment of systems and controls
12. Case studies
Who should attend
Individuals who are sponsors and those who are interested in this topic.
Daniel has helped over 30 companies to list in Hong Kong. In terms of total number of successful HK IPOs, Daniel's team is one of the leading IPO legal teams acting for underwriters. Daniel's team is recognized by Legal 500 under the "Hong Kong – Capital Markets (Equity)" category in five consecutive years of 2018 to 2022. The Legal 500 has the following comment on Daniel's team: "The team has a high-level of knowledge and experience, together with a professional service."