[Webinar] Refresher Course on the Takeover Codes
Licensed individuals who engage in Codes on Takeovers transaction work for a corporation are required to keep abreast of the latest development by spending at least 2.5 hours annually on Takeover Code (“TC”) related topics.
This is a refresher course for existing practitioners to fulfil part of the annual SFC CPT requirements.
By the end of the course, the participants will be:
• reminded the purposes and general principles of the TC
• reminded the key roles and responsibilities of TC advisors, timeline, key actions to take before and after an offer period
• aware of the common issues / problems on the TC assignments and lessons learned from disciplinary cases
1. Overview of and update on the TC
2. Recap on the key roles and responsibilities of TC Advisors
3. Key risk areas to manage before and after an offer period
4. Do’s and Don’ts following the end of an offer period
5. Lessons learnt from disciplinary cases
Who should attend
Existing practitioners who are not required to take LE Paper 17 but would like to refresh their knowledge on the TC requirements