Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 19: Collective Investment Schemes – Part 1 Private Arrangements (5th Cohort)
This eCourse will be accessible until 26 November 2022.
This is Unit 19 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed based on the recorded webinar session of Unit 19 held on 22 April 2021. For participants who plan to take the TTC Part B Examination in November 2022, please ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 28: Collective Investment Schemes – Part 1 Private Arrangements.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Understand and explain the key elements of what constitutes a Collective Investment Scheme (“CIS”), especially for private placement
2. Explain the differences between Unit Trusts (“UT”) and Open-ended Fund Companies (“OFC”) in the context of private CIS, the documentation involved, as well as the relevant regulatory obligations
3. Explain the key parties necessary for UTs and OFCs, as well as their roles and licensing requirements
4. Compare private CIS in Hong Kong with Private Funds in the Cayman islands
Module 28: Collective Investment Schemes - Part 1 Private Arrangements
The nature and use of Collective Investment Schemes (“CIS”) in form of:
1. Unit trust (“UT”)
2. Open-ended fund companies (“OFC”)
3. Private funds (Cayman) (“PF”)
in respect of the followings:
(a) Regulations and regulatory requirements in respect of private placement and differences (comparison of jurisdictions HK vs Cayman)
(b) Parties to each
(c) Trustee and directors’ duties thereto
(d) Licensing and restrictions
(e) Important drafting provisions
(f) General administrative requirements
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.
Click here if you wish to register for full Part B Stream 2 training programme.
Click here if you wish to register for full Part B Stream 2 training programme and examination.