China Data Security: Related Laws and Their Impact on Global Capital Markets
This eSeminar is a recorded session of the webinar that was held on 6 December 2021.
It gives a brief overview of recent legislations in the PRC with respect to data security and personal information protection. It puts the latest developments in the context of the procedural blocking statutes and substantive data rules with respect to cybersecurity and personal data. It then followed by an in-depth discussion of the impact of such rules on global capital markets.
By the end of this eSeminar, you will:
- Have an overview of the PRC recent legislations on data security and personal information protection.
- Know the latest developments of procedural blocking statutes and substantive data rules on cybersecurity and personal data
- Understand the impact of the PRC data securities rules on global capital markets.
1. Overview of PRC data law developments in recent years
- State Secret Law
- Cybersecurity Law
- Data Security Law
- Personal Information Protection Law
- Other blocking statutes/provisions
2. Impact on responding to regulatory inquiries from non-Chinese regulators and handling cross-border disputes
3. Impact to existing and future listings on the HKEX and US stock exchanges
Who should attend
Financial services practitioners from the corporates, banks, professional firms
Martin has a strong relationship with the regulators in Hong Kong and substantial experience with securities and banking regulators in China, India, Japan, Korea and Singapore.
He is consistently recognized as a leading lawyer by the foremost legal directories, including Chambers Asia-Pacific, IFLR1000 and Legal 500 Asia Pacific. In 2021, Asian Legal Business included Martin on its inaugural list of “Asia’s Top 15 Litigators.”
Earlier in her career, Yuan spent two years in the Office of Legal Affairs at the United Nations headquarters and four years at the International Court of Justice in The Hague working on interstate disputes on various international law subjects.