[Webinar] U.S. Sanctions Developments: Where We Are Now and Where They Are Going
When the United States imposed sanctions on Hong Kong government officials in 2020, it was the talk of the town. One year later, Hong Kong companies are facing new compliance concerns with new sanctions, new rules, and new anti-foreign sanctions law in China. This webinar provides a brief overview of the current U.S. sanctions regime as it applies to Greater China, with a particular focus on the Hong Kong Autonomy Act (HKAA), the accompanying Executive Order, and China’s Anti-Foreign Sanctions Law.
By the end of this webinar, participants will know:
1. The Status of U.S. sanctions in Hong Kong
2. How to manage and mitigate sanctions risks; and
3. Potential Conflicts of Laws scenarios.
- Overview of U.S. Sanctions, including the HKAA, and the Executive Order
- The circulars issued by various regulators such as the SFC, the HKMA, the IA and etc.
- How a licensed corporation, a bank or some other registered entities can comply with the requirements
- Consequences of infringements
Who should attend
Financial and compliance professionals seeking to deepen their knowledge of U.S. Sanctions risks, senior management of licensed corporations and registered entities, auditors and academics.