Compliance, Legislative & Regulatory Standards
[Classroom] Overview of Legal and Regulatory Framework for Securities and Futures Industry (5 hour Intensive Class)
This is an intensive course which provides a high level overview of the Hong Kong legal and regulatory framework for Securities and Futures Industry including the objectives, functions and roles of key participants and regulators.
This course helps participants
- understand the background of making the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO), which has been effective since 1 April 2003;
- identify financial products, services and financial regulators;
- define the objectives, functions and roles of the various regulators and how they link together;
- explain the objectives, functions, role, structure and operations of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC);
- understand the Hong Kong legal system and the Companies Ordinance.
1. Introduction & Course Overview
2. Securities industry in HK
3. Sources of regulation
4. Regulatory Overview of the HK Financial Markets
5. Profile of Participants in the Securities & Futures Industry
6. Hong Kong Corporate Laws and the Companies Ordinance
7. Corporate Governance
8. Anti-Money Laundering / Counter Terrorists Financing
9. SFC Code of Conduct
10. The Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO):
- Disclosure of Interests
- FRR, Client Assets, Record & Audit
- Investor Compensation Company & Insurance
- Short Selling, and Unsolicited Calls
- Market Misconduct
11. Latest regulatory development
12. Useful Websites
13. Recap of key learning & conclusion
Who should attend
This course is mainly targeted to industry practitioners or professionals who would like to gain a general knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework for securities and futures industry in Hong Kong.
For those who plan to obtain the Certificate of Completion of Asset Management Fundamentals Programme or Back Office Fundamentals for Wealth and Asset Management Programme, you are required to attend Module 1 of the respective programme (15 hour version).
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
This is one of the eligible courses / seminars under the Financial Incentive Scheme (“The Scheme”) of the WAM Pilot Programme.
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for a reimbursement up to 80% of the course / seminar fees, or a maximum of HK$10,000 per person throughout the period of 1 October 2016 to 31 March 2023 upon satisfactory completion.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar subject to a maximum of HK$10,000 but each course / seminar can only be reimbursed once.
The duly signed application form together with the FIVE supporting documents must be submitted within FOUR months from the last day of the course / seminar attended. Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.
WAM Pilot Programme Special Requirements
If you plan to apply for reimbursement under the Financial Incentive Scheme (FIS), please ensure your device/computer has the camera feature or with webcam installed as you are required to turn on your camera throughout the webinar.