Financial Products & Associated Risk Management
Trust Training Certificate (TTC) – Unit 3: Administration & Management of Trusts (5th Cohort)
This eCourse will be accessible from 19 October 2020 to 29 November 2020.
This is the Unit 3 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate” (“TTC”).
This eCourse is developed in relation to the special arrangement for the participants joining the TTC Part A training in October and November 2020. It is prepared based on the recorded version of the last class (face-to-face mode) of Unit 3 done on 16 October 2019. For the participants who will take the TTC Part A Examination in December 2020, you should ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
There is only one module in this unit.
Module 6: Administering Trusts
This eCourse has divided Module 6 into two parts. For each part, you must watch the recorded video and then pass the assessment (with unlimited attempts).
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Describe the cycle from setting up a trust, administering a trust to terminating a trust
2. Explain the documents required by the Trustees for setting up, administering and terminating most types of trusts
3. Describe the actions and documents required for an annual review of a trust
Module 6: Issues and Procedures in Administering Trusts
1. Set up process
2. Distributions to beneficiaries
3. Annual review
4. Changes to the dead
5. Adding and removing beneficiaries
7. Trust investment policy
8. Letters of Wishes
9. Proper documents for trustee protection
10. Basic accounting rules and trust account requirements
11. Reporting (FATCA, CRS) overview and when required
12. Beneficiaries rights to information under HK Law
13. Termination and closure documents and requirements
14. For investment and pension trust, role of custodian, administrator and registrar / scheme administrator in overview
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate" in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees' Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.
The course is NOT eligible for the financial incentive schemes of the WAM Pilot Programme.