[Webinar] Regulatory framework of Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing
Over the past several decades, money laundering has become an increasingly prevalent issue. Regulators, financial institutions, governments and law enforcing agencies are constantly looking for new ways to fight money launderers.
Learning “anti-money laundering” becomes a must not only for every practitioner of the securities, banking, finance, trading industries, insurance, auditing or legal, but also for academia.
This is an elementary-to-intermediate course which provides an overview of the Hong Kong and oversea anti-money laundering regulatory framework for securities and futures industry.
1. Concepts of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
2. Overview of the AMLO, relevant rules and guidelines
3. Politically Exposed Persons, Know Your Client and Customer Due Diligence
4. Risk Based Approach
5. Indicators of suspicious activities commonly encountered
6. Suspicious Transaction Reporting and Joint Financial Intelligence Unit
7. Key elements of an effective AML Program
8. Case studies (Hong Kong, Regional and International)
Who should attend
This course is mainly targeted to Individuals or professionals whose work is involved in the anti-money laundering matters and/or client onboarding process or those who are interested in this topic.
Mr. Au Yeung graduated from the HKUST with first class honor and obtained law degrees from the CUHK and Tsinghua University.