Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 17: Trusts and Issues for PRC Nationals (eCourse)
This eCourse will be accessible from 27 July 2020 to 23 August 2020.
This is Unit 17 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed in relation to the special arrangement for the participants joining the TTC Part B training in June and July 2020. It is prepared based on the recorded version of the last class (face-to-face mode) of Unit 17 done on 25 June 2019. For the participants who will take the TTC Part B Examination in August 2020, you should ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 26: Trusts and Issues for PRC Nationals.
This eCourse has divided Module 26 into two parts. For each part, you must watch the recorded video and then pass the assessment (with unlimited attempts).
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Understand how PRC trust law compares with trust law in common law jurisdictions
2. Understand the reasons why Chinese clients wish to make foreign trusts and the types of trust which they require
3. Be aware of and list the challenges of compliance for Chinese clients
4. Be able to explain the consequences of dual nationality of Chinese clients with regard to trusts and assets
5. Understand how Chinese taxation specifically impacts Chinese clients as Settlors and as Beneficiaries
Module 26: Trusts and Issues for PRC Nationals
1. PRC trusts compared with common law trusts
2. Types of trusts required (family, business succession, Pre-IPO, dual family, etc.)
3. Challenges of compliance requirements, e.g. KYC, AML, SOF, etc.
4. Special issues of dual nationality and consequences
5. US foreign grantor trusts and Canada trusts
6. Trusts and PRC nationals – onshore versus offshore PRC trusts and compliance considerations
7. Overview of tax provisions:
(a) PRC nationals as settlors and beneficiaries
(b) PRC settlors with US beneficiaries
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.
The course is NOT eligible for the financial incentive schemes of the WAM Pilot Programme.