Update on Securities Margin Financing
This eSeminar aims to provide practitioners an overview of the guidelines for Securities Margin Financing which were effective from 4 October 2019.
This is a Cantonese session supplemented with English materials.
1. Internal Controls in General
2. Development of Securities Margin Financing (RA8)
3. Basic (Financial Resources) Rules (“FRR”)
4. Background and Key Requirements on Guidelines for Securities Margin Financing Activities (7 key risk control areas)
- Total margin loans controls
- Margin client credit limit controls
- Securities collateral concentration controls
- Margin client concentration controls
- Haircuts for securities collateral
- Margin calls, stopping further advances and forced liquidation
- Stress testing
5. Non-compliance, Self-Reporting and Penalties
6. Key Takeaways
Who should attend
This eSeminar is mainly targeted to licensed individuals who are involved in securities margin financing. It is also applicable to middle office and compliance department practitioners working in SFC licensed corporations.