(General) Financial Products & Associated Risk Management
Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 3: Administration and Management of Trusts
This is Unit 3 of the training programme in pursuing the "Trust Training Certificate".
It covers the requirements of administration and management of trusts including required form, proper documents, changing the trust instruments, investment policy format, letters of wishes, FATCA & CRS reporting, etc.
For topics to cover, please refer to the content section below.
If the participant is intended to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate", he / she is required to take "TTC Unit 1: Introduction to Trusts" and "TTC Unit 2: Types of Trust and When Appropriate" prior to attending this course.
- Set up process
- Distributions to beneficiaries
- Annual review
- Changes to the deed
- Adding and removing beneficiaries
- Trust investment policy
- Letters of Wishes
- Proper documents for trustee protection
- Basic accounting rules and trust account requirements
- Reporting (FACTA, CRS) overview and when required
- Beneficiaries rights to information under HK law
- Termination and closure documents and requirements
- For investment and pension trust, the role of custodian, administrator and registrar/scheme administrator
Who should attend
This course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate" in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees' Association Certified Trust Practitioner designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter into the Trust industry sector.