Investment and Portfolio Analysis
Value of a Thing Is What It Will Bring: Valuation of Young Businesses
This course provides an overview of SFC’s guidance on valuation in corporate transactions, covers some common approaches in valuation, and it also focuses on issues and best practice in valuation of young businesses.
1. Background to Valuation
- 2017 May SFC’s guidance on valuations to directors, financial advisers and valuers
- Purposes of performing valuations
- Common approaches
- Adoption of the latest IFRS 9
2. Valuation of young businesses: issues and best practice
- Common red flags / risk areas
- Valuing unicorns
- Performing appropriate due diligence
- Case studies
3. Q & A
Who should attend
This course is designed for directors of listed companies, financial advisers, valuers, and anyone who provides corporate finance advice.
*Light lunch will be provided
Mr. Yan is an MBA graduate from the University of Manitoba, Canada. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (Appraisal Review & Management / Business Valuation / Intangible Assets) of the American Society of Appraisers and the chartered president of the ASA Hong Kong China Chapter.