[Webinar] Essentials of Virtual Asset Compliance
The use of virtual assets (VA) including cryptocurrencies like bitcoin is growing rapidly. It is still an emerging market where we see laws and regulations are adjusted to apply to VA service providers globally.
The Hong Kong government gazetted the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (Amendment) Bill 2022, which to introduce a new licensing regime for virtual assets service providers (VASPs).
This webinar will help those who would like to be VASPs under the new licensing regime and/or financial institutions and compliance professionals who deal with VA-related service or products to
• gain a good understanding of the compliance risks associated with VA
• know how to successfully address VA specific compliance risks and challenges
• Overview of global and local regulatory focus in VA
• Core elements of VA compliance
• Difference between traditional compliance and VA compliance
• First-hand experience sharing: pin points and best practices
Who should attend
This course is primarily targeted at
• responsible officer, managers-in-charge, compliance officer, licenced individuals of SFC’s regulated activities especially RA 1, 4 and 9
• VASP operators and VA managers
It is also applicable to in-house counsel, IT staff and senior management such as directors, CIOs and CEOs of financial institutions.
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
This is one of the eligible courses / seminars under the Financial Incentive Scheme (“The Scheme”) of the WAM Pilot Programme.
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for a reimbursement up to 80% of the course / seminar fees, or a maximum of HK$10,000 per person for courses/seminars held for the period from 1 October 2016 to 31 August 2022 upon satisfactory completion.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar subject to a maximum of HK$10,000 but each course / seminar can only be reimbursed once.
The duly signed application form together with the FIVE supporting documents must be submitted within FOUR months from the last day of the course / seminar attended. Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.
WAM Pilot Programme Special Requirements
If you plan to apply for reimbursement under the Financial Incentive Scheme (FIS), please ensure your device/computer has the camera feature or with webcam installed as you are required to turn on your camera throughout the webinar.