[Webinar] Essentials of Virtual Asset Compliance
The use of virtual assets (VA) including cryptocurrencies like bitcoin is growing rapidly. It is still an emerging market where we see laws and regulations are adjusted to apply to VA service providers globally.
The Hong Kong government gazetted the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (Amendment) Bill 2022, which to introduce a new licensing regime for virtual assets service providers (VASPs).
This webinar will help those who would like to be VASPs under the new licensing regime and/or financial institutions and compliance professionals who deal with VA-related service or products to
• gain a good understanding of the compliance risks associated with VA
• know how to successfully address VA specific compliance risks and challenges
• Overview of global and local regulatory focus in VA
• Core elements of VA compliance
• Difference between traditional compliance and VA compliance
• First-hand experience sharing: pin points and best practices
This course is primarily targeted at
• responsible officer, managers-in-charge, compliance officer, licenced individuals of SFC’s regulated activities especially RA 1, 4 and 9
• VASP operators and VA managers
It is also applicable to in-house counsel, IT staff and senior management such as directors, CIOs and CEOs of financial institutions.
資產財富管理業先導計劃 - 專業培訓資助計劃
合資格之金融服務業現職從業員只要圓滿修畢，便可以就2016年10月1日至2022年8月31日期間上課的合資格課程 / 研討會申請發還80%學費，或上限每人10,000元。
申請人可申請多於一個課程 / 研討會的資助，合計上限10,000元，但每個課程 / 研討會只獲發還學費一次。
已填妥並簽署的申請表連同五項所需的證明文件必須於完成所參加課程 / 研討會當日起計四個月內提交至香港證券及投資學會辦事處。全部課程須於2022年8月31日或之前修畢方符合申請發還學費的資格。詳情請參考資產財富管理業先導計劃網站。