[Webinar] Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 10: Testamentary Issues & Avoiding Testamentary Disputes (5th Cohort)
This is Unit 10 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
It consists of two modules:
Module 15: Testamentary Issues - Wills
Module 16: Other Testamentary Issues
For the topics to cover, please refer to the content section below.
Testamentary Issues - Wills
- The reasons and need for making wills
- Can a trust be used instead of a will to avoid probate?
- The nature and use of limited wills
- The usual content of wills
- Information to be kept with wills
- Multiple jurisdiction wills and probating
- Testamentary trusts versus inter vivos trusts
- Standby trusts
Other Testamentary Issues
- Marriage & common law spouses / partnership relationships
- Community of property and financial resource property
- Nuptial agreements and their implications
- Matrimonial property and resulting, constructive and family trust issues
The above issues are set in the context of relevant HK law and relevant legal cases
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter.
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for a reimbursement up to 80% of the course / seminar fees, or a maximum of HK$10,000 per person for courses/seminars held for the period from 1 October 2016 to 31 August 2022 upon satisfactory completion.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar subject to a maximum of HK$10,000 but each course / seminar can only be reimbursed once.
The duly signed application form together with the FIVE supporting documents must be submitted within FOUR months from the last day of the course / seminar attended. Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.
WAM Pilot Programme Special Requirements
If you plan to apply for reimbursement under the Financial Incentive Scheme (FIS), please ensure your device/computer has the camera feature or with webcam installed as you are required to turn on your camera throughout the webinar.
Click here if you wish to register for full Part B Stream 1 training programme.
Click here if you wish to register for full Part B Stream 1 training programme and examination.