Asset and Wealth Management Series
[Webinar] Reframing the Future of Asset Management Industry
“Are you reframing the future of asset management or is it reframing you?” – the question is no longer whether asset management needs to change, but what that transformation should look like.
Philip Kwong, EY Partner and HK Wealth & Asset Management (WAM) Sector Leader, will share the findings and insights gained from EY’s publication on “Future of Asset Management Study”.
Key points of the study:
- Successful transformation will start with a clear view of the role firms want to play in the asset management industry of the future. That means identifying which clients to serve, how to reach them, what investment outcomes to provide and how to deliver them.
- When it comes to implementation, CEOs not only need to embed the positive changes accelerated by COVID-19; they also need to use an appropriate combination of six key strategic components to boost revenues and control costs.
- Winning asset management firms will adopt a multitrack growth strategy, funded by strategic cost transformation and enabled by technology.
The webinar will cover the following key areas:
- A review of the asset management industry before and after the pandemic and how COVID-19 has impacted the industry
- How should asset managers respond in the next 5 years which will be more challenging
- How asset managers can help create long-term value for both clients and society
Who should attend
The webinar is primarily targeted for fund managers, asset managers, senior management such as Responsible officers, Managers-in-Charge, directors, COOs and CEOs of financial institutions and bankers
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
This is one of the eligible courses / seminars under the Financial Incentive Scheme (“The Scheme”) of the WAM Pilot Programme.
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for a reimbursement up to 80% of the course / seminar fees, or a maximum of HK$10,000 per person throughout the period of 1 October 2016 to 31 March 2023 upon satisfactory completion.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar subject to a maximum of HK$10,000 but each course / seminar can only be reimbursed once.
The duly signed application form together with the FIVE supporting documents must be submitted within FOUR months from the last day of the course / seminar attended. Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.
WAM Pilot Programme Special Requirements
If you plan to apply for reimbursement under the Financial Incentive Scheme (FIS), please ensure your device/computer has the camera feature or with webcam installed as you are required to turn on your camera throughout the webinar.
Philip is a Certified Public Account (Practicing), Fellow of HKICPA and has joined the Investment Funds Regulatory Advisory Panel in the HKICPA. He is also the member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales, the Fellow of HKSI Institute. He is also the HKSI Institute’s Education & Development Committee member.