Hong Kong Professional Assessment for Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CISI)
With the ever-increasing scale of the money laundering problem, it is not surprising that tackling the issue is high on the international agenda. As a result, combating money laundering continues to be a major challenge for the financial sector in HK and globally.
This course examines the anti-money laundering legislation and guidelines, the role of the money laundering reporting officer, how to report money laundering, terrorist financing, and the sanctions and penalties that can be imposed.
Note: Before enrolling in this eCourse, you are encouraged to read the User Guide on how to complete it.
By the end of the eCourse, participants will be able to:
- Describe different stages of the money laundering process
- Know the global extent of the money laundering problem and the global anti-money laundering standards
- Explain the roles of the regulatory bodies in Hong Kong in combating money laundering
- Recognise the main obligations on Licensed Corporations under the Anti-Money Laundering Guideline issued by the SFC
- Know the offences, the penalty and other consequences of violating the money laundering offences
- Tell why and how to report a suspicious transaction
1. An Introduction to Money Laundering
2. Hong Kong Legislation and Guidelines
3. Guideline issued by the SFC
5. Terrorist Financing
6. Suspicious Transactions Reporting (STR)
7. Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)