[Webinar] SFC’s Update on Anti-money Laundering Regulations
The seminar aims at giving an overview of the SFC’s key initiatives and workstreams in relation to anti-money laundering and counter-financing of terrorism (AML/CFT), and some deeper insights into its current consultative proposals to amend the AML/CFT guidelines for licensed corporations.
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
1. Keep abreast of the SFC’s key AML/CFT initiatives and workstreams
2. Understand the background and objectives of the key proposals in the SFC’s consultation to amend the AML/CFT guidelines for licensed corporations
1. SFC’s AML/CFT initiatives and workstreams
- Overview of SFC’s AML/CFT initiatives and workstreams
- Follow-up actions identified in the Mutual Evaluation Report of Hong Kong
2. Public consultation on the proposed amendments to the AML/CFT guidelines for licensed corporations
- Background and objectives
- Some key areas of proposed amendments:
a. Money laundering and terrorist financing risk assessment of a securities firm and its customers
b. Cross-border correspondent relationships in the securities sector
c. Third-party deposits and payments
Who should attend
1. Responsible officers and licensed representatives
2. Manager-in-charge of AML/CFT
3. Money laundering reporting officers
4. Compliance officers
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for a reimbursement up to 80% of the course / seminar fees, or a maximum of HK$10,000 per person throughout the period of 1 October 2016 to 31 March 2023 upon satisfactory completion.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar subject to a maximum of HK$10,000 but each course / seminar can only be reimbursed once.
The duly signed application form together with the FIVE supporting documents must be submitted within FOUR months from the last day of the course / seminar attended. Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.
WAM Pilot Programme Special Requirements
If you plan to apply for reimbursement under the Financial Incentive Scheme (FIS), please ensure your device/computer has the camera feature or with webcam installed as you are required to turn on your camera throughout the webinar.
Mr Choy joined the SFC’s Enforcement Division in 1998 and was in charge of the Intermediaries Misconduct Team before he moved to his current position in 2017. Prior to joining the SFC, Mr Choy practised as a solicitor in Hong Kong.