(Compliance) Risk Mngt & Control Strategy
Preventing Financial Crime
Financial crime causes substantial loss and reputational damage to the financial industry. Apart from waking you up at night, it is important to understand the drivers, the industry trend and develop an effective framework to deter, detect, prevent and respond to financial crime. This should be on the top agenda of senior management and integrate with the risk and compliance framework.
1. Fraud Risk Triangle
2. Objectives e.g. how to response, prevent and detect fraud
3. Fraud risk management framework
4. Design effective fraud risk management program
5. Calculating fraud risk exposure
6. Analysis of recent fraud survey
7. Case studies: trade finance/letter of credit fraud, wiring fraud, bank employee fraud, organized crime to penetrate banking systems
8. Effective training to staff
Who should attend
All financial practitioners
Mr Wu is currently the Chairman of Asia Financial Risk Think Tank and Hong Kong Chapter of the Institute of Operational Risk (IOR). He is advisor of various financial institutions, associations and universities in HK, China and Singapore on investment and risk related matters. He has published articles and whitepapers on current financial and risk management topics in Chinese and Western public and government media.