AML/CFT in the Cayman Islands Regime
Hong Kong asset management industry has tendency to incorporate funds in Cayman Islands. This course summarises the main provisions of the Guidance Notes on the Prevention and Detection of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in the Cayman Islands 2017 and Guidance Notes Amendments 2018. It also covers the procedures and controls in relevant operational areas to comply with the regulatory requirements.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to understand and comply with the regulatory requirements of the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority.
1. What is money laundering and terrorist financing?
2. Overview of the AMLR and related Guidance Notes in Cayman Islands
3. Effective management and internal controls
4. Risk assessment of customers
5. Identification and verification requirement (Cayman Islands)
6. Certification of documents
7. Simplified due diligence and enhanced due diligence
8. High risk customers
10. Reliance on third parties
11. Customer reviews and monitoring
12. Record keeping
13. Reporting of suspicious activities (Cayman Islands)
15. Warning signs to mutual funds (Cayman Islands)
Who should attend
Fund managers, asset managers and anyone who would like to have a better understanding of the AML/CFT practice in the Cayman Islands.
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for reimbursement of 80% of the course fees, subject to a maximum of HK$7,000 (whichever is lower) upon satisfactory completion of a course / seminar / conference over the three-year period of the Scheme.
Each individual may apply for reimbursement for more than one course / seminar / conference.
Application to reimburse the course fees, together with the required documents, must be submitted within four months from the last day of the course / seminar / conference attended. Please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website for more details.
Ms Lam obtained her Master in Human Resource Management and Training from the University of Leicester and Master in Finance from the City University of Hong Kong. She is a Certified Financial PlannerCM, Associate of the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers and Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers. She obtained Advanced Certificate for ECF Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism in 2018.