AML/CFT in the Cayman Islands Regime
Hong Kong asset management industry has tendency to incorporate funds in Cayman Islands. This course summarises the main provisions of the Guidance Notes on the Prevention and Detection of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in the Cayman Islands 2017 and Guidance Notes Amendments 2018. It also covers the procedures and controls in relevant operational areas to comply with the regulatory requirements.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to understand and comply with the regulatory requirements of the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority.
1. What is money laundering and terrorist financing?
2. Overview of the AMLR and related Guidance Notes in Cayman Islands
3. Effective management and internal controls
4. Risk assessment of customers
5. Identification and verification requirement (Cayman Islands)
6. Certification of documents
7. Simplified due diligence and enhanced due diligence
8. High risk customers
10. Reliance on third parties
11. Customer reviews and monitoring
12. Record keeping
13. Reporting of suspicious activities (Cayman Islands)
15. Warning signs to mutual funds (Cayman Islands)
Fund managers, asset managers and anyone who would like to have a better understanding of the AML/CFT practice in the Cayman Islands.
先導計劃 - 專業培訓資助計劃
合資格之金融服務業現職從業員只要圓滿修畢本計劃所涵蓋課程 / 研討會 /會議 的一個單元，便可於本計劃的三年期內申請發還80%學費或上限7,000元(以數額較少者為準)。
申請人可申請多於一個課程 / 研討會 /會議的資助。
申請表必須於完成課程 / 研討會 /會議 當日起計４個月內連同所需文件一併送交香港證券及投資學會。詳情請參考先導計劃網站。