Preventive Measures for Examination Candidates in Response to Novel Coronavirus
(Updated: 3 February 2020) In view of the increasing risk of Novel Coronavirus infection in Hong Kong, we are closely following Hong Kong Government’s advice on prevention and monitoring the situation.
Examinations are running as scheduled.
To safeguard the hygiene, health and safety of all examination candidates and to minimise the spread of infectious diseases, in addition to our regular disinfectant cleaning schedule inside the examination centre, we have implemented the following step-up measures for examinations with immediate effect:
- Our staff will perform temperature check for all candidates at our office entrance
- Candidates are required to wear SELF-PROVIDED facemasks in our Institute’s premises
- Candidates who cough or sneeze continuously during the examination session shall be asked to sit in designated area
Candidates who do not comply with the above measures may be requested to leave the examination centre.
Special Arrangement for Transference/Withdrawal of Examinations (applicable for examinations to be held on or before 29 February 2020)
Candidates shall apply for i) transference or ii) withdrawal of examinations under any of the following circumstances:
- Candidates have symptoms such as fever, malaise, dry cough and shortness of breath, which are consistent with that of Novel Coronavirus infected cases
- Within 14-day period after their travel to Mainland China prior to their examination dates; or
- Travel restrictions imposed by their countries or companies
Candidates must submit their transference/withdrawal applications by email together with the supporting documentation (such as medical certificates, if applicable) prior to their registered examination date to HKSI Institute. Withdrawal refund will be subject to HKD400 administration fee. HKSI Institute reserves the right to make changes to the special arrangement without notice.
For enquiries, please call our hotline at (852) 3120 6100 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding.
Curriculum and Examinations Department