Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 3: Administration and Management of Trusts (9th Cohort)
This eCourse will be accessible until 19 November 2022.
This is the Unit 3 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate” (“TTC”).
This eCourse is based on the recorded webinar session held on 30 March 2021. For participants who plan to take the TTC Part A Examination in November 2022, please ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
There is only one module in this unit.
Module 6: Administering Trusts
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Describe the cycle from setting up a trust, administering a trust to terminating a trust
2. Explain the documents required by the Trustees for setting up, administering and terminating most types of trusts
3. Describe the actions and documents required for an annual review of a trust
Module 6: Issues and Procedures in Administering Trusts
1. Set up process
2. Distributions to beneficiaries
3. Annual review
4. Changes to the dead
5. Adding and removing beneficiaries
7. Trust investment policy
8. Letters of Wishes
9. Proper documents for trustee protection
10. Basic accounting rules and trust account requirements
11. Reporting (FATCA, CRS) overview and when required
12. Beneficiaries rights to information under HK Law
13. Termination and closure documents and requirements
14. For investment and pension trust, role of custodian, administrator and registrar / scheme administrator in overview
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue the "Trust Training Certificate" in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees' Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.
Click here if you wish to register for full Part A training programme.
Click here if you wish to register for full Part A training programme and examination.