Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 20: Collective Investment Schemes – Part 2 Public Offering Arrangements (5th Cohort)
This eCourse will be accessible until 26 November 2022.
This is Unit 20 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed based on the recorded webinar session of Unit 20 held on 29 April 2021. For participants who plan to take the TTC Part B Examination in November 2022, please ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 29: Collective Investment Schemes – Part 2 Public Offering Arrangements.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Explain the differences between Unit Trusts ("UT"), Open-ended Fund Companies ("OFC") and Mutual Funds ("MF")
2. List the parties required for these three types of public Collective Investment Schemes
3. Explain in depth the role of Trustees
4. Describe in overview the role of the other parties
5. Understand the regulatory regimes in HK for UT’s and OFC’s
6. Know offshore jurisdiction licensing regimes for funds
7. Understand the basic concepts of Undertaking for Collective Investment in Transferable Scheme ("UCITS") and Mutual Recognition of Funds Arrangements ("MRF")
Module 29: Collective Investment Schemes - Part 2 public Arrangements
In regard to Unit Trusts (“UT”), Mutual Funds (“MF”) and Open-ended Fund Companies (“OFC”):
1. Differences between UT, MF & OFC and HK’s regime (Code on Unit Trust & Mutual Funds, OFC Code)
2. Parties to each
(d) Investment manager / investment advisor
(e) Custodian / sub-custodian
3. Roles, responsibilities of trustee with overview of other parties
4. Regulations and regulatory requirements
5. An overview of non-HK funds (such as the Cayman Islands, Luxembourg and Ireland) which are offered to the HK public.
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.
Click here if you wish to register for full Part B Stream 2 training programme.
Click here if you wish to register for full Part B Stream 2 training programme and examination.