[Webinar] Developments in Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) and the Latest Updates around Digital Assets
COVID-19 catalyzed the developments of digital assets and the future of money. Many fund houses have now accepted digital assets as an alternative asset class. At the same time, many central banks are developing their own central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). In this webinar, the speakers will provide the latest developments of both topics.
In this joint webinar with the Private Wealth Management Association (PWMA), our distinguished speakers will provide an overview of the background, latest global developments and trends of digital assets and central bank digital currencies.
1. Latest Trends from the crypto industry/Market updates
2. Overview of CBDCs (What it is, Regulatory views and Benefits)
3. Overview of Stablecoins (Examples and Regulatory views)
4. Types of CBDCs (Wholesale v Retail) and global examples
5. Latest developments of Digital Currency Electronic Payment (DCEP) in China
6. Understanding the recently reported mCBDC project by the HKMA, BoT, CBUAE and PBC and what’s next for the eHKD retail CBDC
SFC CPT will be granted upon full-hour attendance.
PWMA OPT hour will be granted based on the following requirement:
- conditioned on successful completion of a post-webinar quiz.
- A short post-webinar quiz will be sent to all pre-registered attendees by email after the webinar (within 2 business days). Attendees will need to pass the quiz within 3 business days in order to get 1 OPT hour.
Applicable to all financial services practitioners.