Navigating Climate Risk for Asset Managers
This eSeminar is a recorded session of the webinar on Navigating Climate Risk for Asset Managers held on 22 July 2021.
Managing climate risk, together with the ability to measure and disclose it, has become a critical aspect for investment managers. Given the potential impact of physical and transitional climate-related risks on many portfolios and businesses, certain climate change assessments and reporting standards are increasingly being codified as regulatory requirements. In Hong Kong, Securities and Futures Commission (‘SFC’) has proposed to amend the Fund Manager Code of Conduct (‘FMCC’) requiring climate-related risks to be considered by fund managers.
In this eSeminar, the speaker discussed* why climate-related financial risks are taking centre stage globally and locally together with the growing legal and regulatory climate disclosure requirements around the world.
*The discussion was related to the draft consultation to amend FMCC, not its conclusion.
By the end of this eSeminar, participants will understand:
- how climate-related risks regulations will impact their businesses;
- what climate-related financial risks encompass; and
- practical considerations for asset managers to prepare for climate disclosure.
- Updates of climate-related policy and regulatory developments in the APAC region and the potential impact on asset management;
- Spotlight on Hong Kong developments including the SFC's proposals to amend the FMCC requiring climate-related risks to be considered by fund managers; and
- How asset managers can integrate climate-risk factors into their portfolios
Fund managers, asset managers, in-house counsel & compliance, portfolio analysts, senior management such as Responsible officers, Managers-in-Charge, directors, CIOs, COOs, CEOs and investors who would like to have a better understanding of climate-risk issues in the asset management industry.