[Webinar] Regulation of Funds Investing in Virtual Assets
In recent years investors and professional fund managers have been evaluating digital assets as a new investible asset class. The regulatory environment for virtual assets in Hong Kong has been evolving rapidly and there are risks and compliance requirements a fund manager should be aware of. This course will provide an update on the latest SFC regulations on Virtual Assets Service Providers (VASP) as well as the fundamentals of building an appropriate compliance framework.
By the end of this course, participants will:
1. Be updated with the latest SFC licensing and regulatory requirements of a VASP.
2. Be aware of the risks associated with managing a VA portfolio.
3. Acquire the basic building blocks of a VA fund management compliance framework.
4. Be familiar with the challenges of financial crime and money laundering in virtual assets.
1. A review of Hong Kong's regulatory timeline on virtual assets
- SFC Regulatory approach for VA portfolio managers and fund distributors
- An update on Hong Kong licensing regime on Virtual Asset Services Providers(VASPs)
2. Building an appropriate compliance framework for VA managers
- Risks associated with VA portfolios
- Challenges observed in cryptos compliance frameworks
a. Common deficiencies
b. Skills of a cryptos compliance manager
c. Risk management for VA portfolio managers
3. Challenges of financial crimes and money laundering with VA managers
- Types of financial crimes (‘FC’) in cryptos
- AML, digital client due diligence, transaction monitoring and etc
4. Selected overseas references and case studies
- International standards
a. FATF guidelines on AML
b. IOSCO key considerations in crypto asset trading regulations
- Notable case studies on crypto-related financial crime and money laundering
This course is primarily targeted at fund managers and sophisticated professional investors who may be evaluating the prospects of adding virtual assets in their portfolios. It is also applicable to in-house counsel, compliance and senior management such as responsible officers, managers-in-charge, directors, CIOs and CEOs of financial institutions.
合資格之金融服務業現職從業員只要圓滿修畢課程 / 研討會，便可於2016年10月1日至2023年3月31日期間申請發還百分之八十學費，或上限每人10,000元。
申請人可申請多於一個課程 / 研討會的資助，合計上限10,000元，但每個課程 / 研討會只獲發還學費一次。
簽妥的申請表必須於完成課程 / 研討會當日起計四個月內連同五項證明文件一併送交香港證券及投資學會。詳情請參考資產財富管理業先導計劃網站。