[Webinar] Preparation for an SFC Inspection from a RO Perspective
On-site reviews such as Routine Inspections conducted by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) are a major tool for its supervisory actions. Receiving a phone call from the regulator regarding an upcoming visit in the near future can be quite daunting. However, with a better understanding of the inspection and careful preparation, the whole process can be quite “routine”.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to know the preparation for and the process of the inspection from a management perspective. They will also learn lessons and tips for enhancing the readiness for inspection visits.
1. Background of the SFC inspection
- Reasons and triggering factors
- Managing communication with the regulator
2. Setting the stage
- The phone call
- Preliminary information and documents request
- Preliminary questionnaire
3. Preparation for the Opening Meeting
- Business presentation
- Compliance and risk management
4. The inspection engagement
- Documents requests
- Closing meeting and recommendations
5. Mock audit/compliance health checks
This course is mainly targeted at senior management and compliance staff of SFC licensed entities.