Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 18 Trust for Security Arrangements, Commercial and Employee Benefit Needs (eCourse)
This eCourse will be accessible from 22 June 2020 to 23 August 2020.
This is Unit 18 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed in relation to the special arrangement for the participants joining the TTC Part B training in June and July 2020. It is prepared based on the recorded version of the last class (face-to-face mode) of Unit 18 done on 28 May 2020. For the participants who will take the TTC Part B Examination in August 2020, you should ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 27: Some Commercial Uses of Trusts.
This eCourse has divided Module 27 into two parts. For each part, you must watch the recorded video and then pass the assessment (with unlimited attempts).
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the structure and purpose of the various trusts (escrow, REITS, employee benefit, pre-IPO) and their uses
2. Identify the various parties to each of these trusts and explain what their role is
3. Explain and compare when these types of trusts are needed and would be a suitable vehicle for a client
4. List any key elements that must be present for these different types of trusts
5. Be able to list the advantages of Pre-IPO Founder trusts
6. Understand and explain the structure and tax implications of an employee share/option trust
Module 27: Some Commercial Uses of Trusts
This Module concentrates on trusts for broader commercial uses which include:
1. Trusts as escrow arrangements
2. Trusts to provide for security – “Quistclose Trusts”
3. Trusts for security in litigation
4. Business trusts
5. Real estate investment trusts (REITS)
6. Employee benefit and medical scheme trusts
7. Pre-IPO founder share trusts
8. Employee share / option plan trusts and their structure and tax implications
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.
The course is NOT eligible for the financial incentive schemes of the WAM Pilot Programme.