Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 13: Family Office (eCourse)
This eCourse will be accessible from 13 July 2020 to 23 August 2020.
This is Unit 13 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed in relation to the special arrangement for the participants joining the TTC Part B training in June and July 2020. It is prepared based on the recorded version of the last class (face-to-face mode) of Unit 13 done on 4 June 2019. For the participants who will take the TTC Part B Examination in August 2020, you should ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 21: Family Offices Overview.
This eCourse has divided Module 21 into two parts. For each part, you must watch the recorded video and then pass the assessment (with unlimited attempts).
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the nature of a family office
2. Be able to explain the requirements for good family office
3. Explain the structure of a family office
4. Explain key governance requirements and why these are necessary
5. Understand how the family office may interact with the trustee and the role of the trustee in providing support for the family office
Module 21: Family Offices Overview
1. The nature of a Family Office
2. The role of a Family Office
3. How a Family Office may be brought into the structuring required
4. The need for good family governance
(a) Family constitutions (requirements and drafting)
(c) Family business management succession criteria
4. Comparison between single family offices and multi family offices and their pros and cons
5. Multi-family office considerations
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.
The course is NOT eligible for the financial incentive schemes of the WAM Pilot Programme.