Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 8: Other Trust Vehicles in Details (eCourse)
This eCourse will be accessible from 22 June 2020 to 23 August 2020.
This is Unit 8 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
This eCourse is developed in relation to the special arrangement for the participants joining the TTC Part B training in June and July 2020. It is prepared based on the recorded version of the last class (face-to-face mode) of Unit 8 done on 14 May 2019. For the participants who will take the TTC Part B Examination in August 2020, you should ensure you read the latest version of study guide and materials provided via the examination enrolment link.
It consists of one module – Module 12: Other Types of Estate Planning Trusts and Their Uses.
This eCourse has divided Module 12 into two parts. For each part, you must watch the recorded video and then pass the assessment (with unlimited attempts).
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
1. Identify the appropriate types of trusts to suit specific settlor's needs.
2. Be able to explain and compare the differences between these types of trusts.
3. Identify the jurisdictions that these various types of trusts exist.
Module 12: Other Types of Estate Planning Trusts and Their Uses:
- Accumulation and Maintenance
- Non-Charitable Purpose (including STAR trusts)
- Business Trusts
- VISTA / LST / SISTA with case studies
- Trust combined with a Limited Partnership with case studies
- Foreign Grantor Trusts with case studies and comparisons with other jurisdictions
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner™ designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter and / or those who plan to enter the Trust industry sector.
The course is NOT eligible for the financial incentive schemes of the WAM Pilot Programme.