[Webinar]: Insights into Listco Suspensions
Hong Kong listed companies may be required to suspend trading for various reasons. While there are legitimate reasons such as dealing with sensitive information, there are also cases of involuntary suspension triggered by queries from the regulators and auditors, and at times, even allegations from short-sellers. Prolonged suspension generally hurts the Company’s share price. How should Senior Management and Directors respond to the different trigger points and shorten the suspension period?
The speaker will share more insights and tips through analysis of actual cases
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
· Understand how to tackle queries raised by various stakeholders
· Understand the challenges facing HK-listed companies via some cases sharing
· Learn practical tips to facilitate resumption of trading and avoid prolonged suspension of listed companies
· Obtain an update on current regulatory requirement which impact listed companies
The seminar will cover:
· Highlights from Grant Thornton’s recent forensic research report
· Case studies and analysis of suspended listed companies, as well as insights into resumption of trading
· Recent trends in regulatory enforcement actions
· Suggestions on how to effectively tackle queries from various stakeholders
Professional Advisers, INEDs, Senior Management/Board Members, Fund Managers
Barry Tong is a partner of advisory services at Grant Thornton Hong Kong Limited, a member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd. He is also the National Head of M&A Transaction Advisory Services (TAS), the Joint Asia Pacific Head of TAS, and a member of Global TAS Steering Committee and APAC Forensic Steering Committee. As a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) for over two decades and the president of the Hong Kong Chapter of the Association of the Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE), the largest global forensic organization, Barry has testified as an expert witness in Hong Kong Courts and involved in numerous Dispute Resolution, Restructuring and Forensic Investigation since 1998.
Please note: This webinar will be delivered via WebEx. To qualify for CPT/OPT hours, participants are required to attend the full webinar.
You may want to check if WebEx works on your device prior to enrolment, click here to test.