Economic Analysis - Part 1
This eCourse consists of two modules. Module 1 describes the proves used to compile and publish economic indicators such as consumer price indexes as well as showing how to interpret these indicators when making financial and investment decisions.
Module 2 examines the relationship between monetary policy, interest rates, inflation, and economic activity and the ability of central banks to influence the money supply in today’s market. It then looks at how central banks use the money supply transmission mechanism to control inflation.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the process of compiling and publishing economic indicators
- Identify the main techniques used to interpret economic indicators
- Recognize the relationship between interest rates and the demand for money
- Identify the techniques used by central banks in implementing monetary policy
- Recognize how changes in interest rates feed through the transmission mechanism
Module 1: Economic Indicators – An Introduction
Topic 1: Compilation & Publication of Economic Indicators
Topic 2: Techniques for Interpreting Economic Indicators
Module 2: Monetary Policy Analysis
Topic 1: Fundamentals of Monetary Policy
Topic 2: Implementation of Monetary Policy
Topic 3: Monetary Policy and the Economy