Remedial:Trust Training Certificate (TTC) - Unit 14: Foundations Law - Part 1 (Evening Session)
This is Unit 14 of the training programme in pursuing the “Trust Training Certificate”.
It consists of two modules:
Module 22: Foundations Overview
Module 23: Parties to a Foundation and their Roles
For the topics to cover, please refer to the content section below.
- Establishment and registration
- Charter and articles / rules
- Language, form and validity
- Purpose and change of purpose
- Asset protection and anti-forced heirship
Parties to a Foundation and their Roles
- Different parties: founder, council, officers, resident, agent, secretary, supervisory person, beneficiaries, guardian
- Duties and powers of these parties
- Retention of control:
(a) Founder’s powers and rights
(b) Foundation as a PTC
(c) Foundation / limited partnership structure
The course is primarily targeted to those who would like to pursue “Trust Training Certificate” in order to apply for the Hong Kong Trustees’ Association Certified Trust Practitioner? designation.
It is also relevant to those who would like to gain a solid understanding of the course subject matter.