Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM) Examination
The Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM®) is an advanced, internationally recognised education programme for experienced professionals in the wealth management industry. The qualification is awarded by the Association of International Wealth Management (AIWM), an international professional organisation for experienced investment advisors, financial planners, wealth managers, asset managers, relationship managers, and professionals in private banking worldwide.
The CIWM Programme comprises two parts – International Examinations and Regional Paper. CIWM candidates must pass International Examinations within FIVE years from the month of their first eligible examination session.
Individuals who meet the following requirements are eligible to enrol to the CIWM Progamme:
- Certified Private Wealth Professional (CPWP); or
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams levels 1-3 inclusive (all completed); or
- Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA); or
- Master in Finance from a reputable University
Please download the Examination Syllabus.
The CIWM Programme comprises two parts – International Examinations and Regional Paper (as shown in the table below). All examination papers of the CIWM Examination are presented in English. The CIWM Programme (excluding Regional Paper) (hereafter “CIWM Examination”) will contain multiple choice and open questions.
|Content||Duration||Can be compensated by|
|Paper 1||Wealth Management||120 mins||Nil|
|Paper 2||Wealth Planning, Financial Assets and Taxation of Financial Products||120 mins||Nil|
|Regional Paper||Laws and regulation in Hong Kong||90 mins||LE* Paper 1|
* For details of the Licensing Examination for Securities and Futures Intermediaries ("LE"), please refer to the HKSI Institute website.
* Applicants have to pay the one-off fee when they enrol for the CIWM Examination in their first attempt.
Fees include the relevant study materials via the Learning Platform (LP).
Candidates will be given access to the Learning Platform (LP) after they have successfully enrolled for the CIWM Examination until candidates have completed the examination papers of the CIWM or till the month of the examination date of the last eligible examination session (5-year period), whichever is earlier.
A LP that includes the course manuals, practice questions and examinations, and the formulae booklets for Papers 1 and 2.
To be awarded the CIWM® designation, individuals must:
- complete the CIWM Examination with five years;
- complete the Regional Paper (i.e. LE Paper 1);
- have a minimum of two years’ experience working in the financial services industry;
- become and Ordinary Member or above of the HKSI Institute;
- become affiliate members of AIWM; and
- meet the CIWM ethical and continuing education standards prescribed by the AIWM.
|HK$5,200||Applicants have to pay the one-off fee when they enrol for the CIWM Examination in their first attempt.|
|Examination||Examination Date and Time||Fee||Enrolment Deadline|
|Paper 1||19 September 2020 (Sat)
10:00 - 12:00
|HK$2,900||24 August 2020 (Mon)|
|Paper 2||19 September 2020 (Sat)
14:45 - 16:45
|HK$2,900||24 August 2020 (Mon)|
1. Enrolment is on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. The dates and times shown in this timetable refer to the dates in Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Standard Time as announced by the Hong Kong Observatory.
3. The timetable and fee are subject to change without prior notice.