Proof of a RAT and PCR negative result for COVID-19
All candidates are required to provide negative result proof of COVID-19 by taking either Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) OR Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)-based nucleic acid test when entering the examination centres. Candidates who provided false information may be disqualified from the examination and the HKSI Institute will report the case to the respective regulatory bodies/institutes/associations.
If you choose Rapid Antigen Test (RAT)
- Present a soft copy photo of the negative result proof shown on the RAT cassette alongside your identification document used for examination registration. The testing date should be same as the examination date which is clearly written on the RAT cassette.
If you choose Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)-based nucleic acid test
- Provide the negative result proof of the PCR test which must be taken within three days before the scheduled date of examination.
PRC test report issued by a laboratory or healthcare institution (see the list of recognised local institutions / private testing laboratories) that contains the examination candidate’s name to show that:
• He/she has undertaken a PCR-based nucleic acid test for COVID-19;
• The sample for the PCR test was taken within three days before the scheduled date of examination; and
• The result of the PCR test for COVID-19 is negative
If the laboratory or healthcare institution is not on the above list, a separate documentary proof (in English or Chinese) is required, to show that the laboratory or healthcare institution is ISO 15189 accredited or is recognised or approved by the relevant authority of the government of the place in which the laboratory or healthcare institution is located. This can be in the form of a copy of ‘Certificate of Accreditation’, ‘Certificate of Compliance’, or information printed out from an official government website. Please note that this separate documentary proof is required even if the test report from the laboratory or healthcare institution contains an ISO accreditation reference.
All test reports must be in either English or Chinese and can be presented in paper or electronic format.
If the test report above is not in English or Chinese or does not contain all the required information, it is acceptable to present a written confirmation, in English or Chinese, issued by the laboratory or healthcare institution that contains the following information:
• The name of the examination candidate;
• The candidate underwent a PCR-based nucleic acid test for COVID-19,
• The sample for the PCR test was taken within the required timeframe (as stated above); and
• The result of the PCR test for COVID-19 was negative
This written confirmation must be presented with the test report.