Commodities - Part 14
Dairy commodities are products all emanating from milk as the basic feedstock. While milk may have once been the primary product, over the years, mankind has learned how to derive additional products from milk. Products such as cheese may have been sought as a means to reduce the perishability of milk but also because there was a demand for these new products such as yogurt.
In this eCourse, we look at the different dairy products and how the nascent commodity markets for the different products.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the different dairy commodities
- Identify how milk is produced and the factors that affect its supply
- Recognise the different variants of butter and its largest producers
- Identify the fragmented nature of the cheese market
- Recall how cream and yogurt is manufactured from milk
- Recognise the factors affecting the pricing of dairy products
Commodities - Dairy
Topic 1: What are Dairy Commodities?
Topic 2: Milk
Topic 3: Butter
Topic 4: Cheese
Topic 5: Creams & Yogurts
Topic 6: Dairy Demand & Pricing