Navigating Chinese Data Privacy Regulations for Outbound Data Transfer
This eSeminar is a recorded session of the “Navigating Chinese Data Privacy Regulations for Outbound Data Transfer” webinar held on 31 August 2023.
It explores the latest regulatory developments in China's Cybersecurity and Data Security Laws, highlighting the details and processes of outbound data transfer, as well as discussing practical considerations for both Hong Kong and foreign companies.
By the end of the eSeminar, you will be able to:
- Identify the latest developments in laws related to the outbound transfer of data from China
- Describe the three prescribed mechanisms used for outbound transfer of personal data under the Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL)
- Recall the practical considerations in overcoming difficulties for outbound transfer of data
1. China Cybersecurity and Data Security Law
2. Cross-border Data Transfer
3. China PIPL
4. Overcoming Other Difficulties
5. Liabilities for Non-compliance
6. What Hong Kong and Foreign Companies are Doing?
Who should attend
Managers-in-charge, IT officers, compliance officers and legal personnel.