Sustainability Basics: Then, Now, and Next
This course provides an introductory exploration of sustainability and its significance in our evolving world. It aims to equip learners with a foundational understanding of sustainability principles, latest trends, global risks, and the concept of planetary boundaries. Through engaging lessons and case studies, participants will gain insights into the past, present, and future of sustainability.
On completion of this eCourse, you will be able to:
- Define sustainability and understand its history and origins
- Recognise and explain the key sustainability trends that are shaping the future
- Evaluate the significance of those trends for your own professional practices
- Understand sustainability risks and opportunities faced by organisations on a global scale
- Explain how sustainability risks can have a financial impact
- Understand how to manage these sustainability risks and opportunities
- Recognise planetary boundaries and tipping points, and understand why they are important to human survival.
- Describe the consequences of breaching planetary boundaries and crossing tipping points.
Lesson 1: Latest Trends in Sustainability
Lesson 2: Global Risks
Lesson 3: Tipping Points and Planetary Boundaries
Who should attend
Anyone who would like to enhance their knowledge of sustainability principles and their application in different industries.