Navigating the Carbon Markets
This course provides you with a comprehensive understanding of carbon markets and pricing. It explores the importance of carbon pricing in addressing climate change and delve into the role of carbon markets in facilitating emission reduction efforts.
We will examine different types of carbon markets, including compliance markets and voluntary markets. We will also uncover the implications of Article 6 in international carbon markets and analyse real-world case studies such as the EU Emissions Trading Scheme and the Core Carbon Principles.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Define carbon pricing, markets and related concepts to understand their significance and importance
- Recognise and explain the key trends that shapes carbon pricing and associated markets
- Evaluate the significance of these trends for your own professional practices
- Explain the concept of compliance carbon markets
- Explain how Article 6 of the Paris Agreement establishes rules and guidelines for compliance carbon markets
- Differentiate between the two types of carbon credits and understand their respective function
- Recognise and explain the importance of integrity in voluntary carbon markets
- Explain the potential and risks of voluntary carbon markets
Lesson 1: Introduction to Carbon Markets and Pricing
Lesson 2: Compliance Carbon Markets
Lesson 3: Voluntary Carbon Markets
Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals who want to gain a foundational understanding of carbon markets and pricing. It's suitable for financial industries practitioners who are interested in understanding how carbon markets can impact their organisation's operations and exploring opportunities in the evolving green economy.