Introduction to Nature-based Solutions
Discover the fundamentals of Nature-based Solutions as an investment thematic. This course provides essential knowledge, covering the basics, challenges, opportunities, and key players, with a specific focus on the Asian context. Gain a comprehensive understanding of this emerging field and its potential for sustainable investment.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Define, describe and explain the need for NbS
• Describe and explain NbS through an Asian perspective
• Identify key investment areas and strategies of NbS
• Describe investor profiles and identify key players in NbS in Asia
• Explore resources to get you started
Part 1 - NbS Basics and The Asian Context of NbS*
Part 2 - Investment Areas of NbS and NbS Players in Asia with Case Studies/Features of Different Investor Perspectives*
1) WWF Bankable Nature Solutions Report 2020
2) Accelerating Finance for Nature-based Solutions to Support Action Across the Rio Conventions
3) Guidance for using the IUCN Global Standard for Nature-based Solutions
*mandatory parts to complete
Who should attend
1. Private wealth managers and advisors- especially those covering NextGen clients
2. Family office CIOs and investment teams as well as Principals who want to learn more.
3. Financial professionals interested to pivot their careers.
4. Those who want to understand the basics of sustainable finance from an investor's perspective.