Hong Kong Anti-Money Laundering (AML) (2023)
*This is an updated version of Anti-Money Laundering (TERCR17005101).
The growth in international crime and terrorism has seen greater efforts by criminals to unearth new ways of integrating their illicit funds into financial markets.
Identifying and bringing to justice those who help launder illicit funds is a priority for both governments and financial markets regulators. You have an important part to play in this work – ignorance is no longer a valid form of defence. The penalties for non-compliance are severe and can include a fine and/or a custodial sentence, so understanding your obligations in relation to anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) is vital.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define money laundering and list its stages
- Define terrorist financing
- Recognise the laws and regulations in relation to money laundering and terrorist financing
- Identify your responsibilities and those of key personnel in your organisation
- List the systems and controls a firm should employ in relation to managing financial crime risks
Topic 1: Money Laundering
Topic 2: Terrorist Financing
Topic 3: Global Frameworks
Topic 4: Detecting & Preventing ML & TF
Topic 5: AML Responsibilities
Topic 6: Systems & Controls