[Webinar] Digital Assets for Portfolio Management
As a professional fund manager or wealth management practitioner, you always try to strike for the best returns on your portfolios. Exploring new asset class is one of the important tasks in portfolio management.
In the past year, locally and globally, it appears to be more acceptable in treating digital assets as a new investible asset class. How much do you know about digital assets, its associated risks and the regulatory aspects?
This course will provide you with the fundamentals of digitals assets and will also share the basic trading instruments and trading strategies.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand what digital assets are and the associated key risks
- Have the basic understanding of how to trade digital assets
- Be alerted on the regulatory aspect of the digital assets and the trading platform
1. Digital assets as an alternative asset class
- What digital assets are and how they are different from traditional
- Why diversify into digital assets
- Current development and trend from financial institutions
2. Risks associated with digital assets
- Identify the different risks with digital assets
- How to manage risks in trading digital assets
3. Investing in digital assets
- Trading instruments invest in digital assets
- Trading strategy in digital assets
- Ways to store digital assets
4. Latest global and local regulations on digital assets
- Existing regulatory status of digital assets and trading platforms
- What’s upcoming in digital asset regulations
- How to participate to offer this new asset class as a financial institution
Who should attend
The course is primarily targeted at fund managers, asset managers and investors who would like to have a better understanding of digital assets and the related issues.
It is also applicable to in-house counsel and compliance, senior management such as responsible officers, managers-in-charge, directors, CIOs, COOs, CEOs of the financial institutions.
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
This course has already been approved as an eligible course of the Financial Incentive Scheme for Professional Training (“the Scheme”) under the Pilot Programme to Enhance Talent Training for the Asset and Wealth Management Sector (“the Pilot Programme”). The Scheme aims to enhance the competency and professionalism of in-service practitioners within the asset and wealth management sector and to assist other practitioners within the financial services industry in acquiring the knowledge and skills required for entering the sector. Eligible applicants will be subsidised 80% of the course fees by the HKSAR Government upon satisfactory completion of the courses approved by Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute, subject to a ceiling of HK$15,000. Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute is appointed as the implementation agent of the Pilot Programme. Regarding the details of eligible criteria and application procedures, please refer to the dedicated web-site of the Pilot Programme (https://www.wamtalent.org.hk/).