Compliance, Legislative & Regulatory Standards
[Webinar] Overview of Legal and Regulatory Framework for Securities and Futures Industry (5 hour Intensive Class) 證券及期貨法規及監管架構概述 (5小時精讀班)
This is an intensive course which provides a high level overview of the Hong Kong legal and regulatory framework for Securities and Futures Industry including the objectives, functions and roles of key participants and regulators.
This course helps participants
- understand the background of making the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO), which has been effective since 1 April 2003;
- identify financial products, services and financial regulators;
- define the objectives, functions and roles of the various regulators and how they link together;
- explain the objectives, functions, role, structure and operations of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC);
- understand the Hong Kong legal system and the Companies Ordinance.
1. Introduction & Course Overview
2. Securities industry in HK
3. Sources of regulation
4. Regulatory Overview of the HK Financial Markets
5. Profile of Participants in the Securities & Futures Industry
6. Hong Kong Corporate Laws and the Companies Ordinance
7. Corporate Governance
8. Anti-Money Laundering / Counter Terrorists Financing
9. SFC Code of Conduct
10. The Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO):
- Disclosure of Interests
- FRR, Client Assets, Record & Audit
- Investor Compensation Company & Insurance
- Short Selling, and Unsolicited Calls
- Market Misconduct
11. Latest regulatory development
12. Useful Websites
13. Recap of key learning & conclusion
Who should attend
This course is mainly targeted to industry practitioners or professionals who would like to gain a general knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework for securities and futures industry in Hong Kong.
For those who plan to obtain the Certificate of Completion of Asset Management Fundamentals Programme or Back Office Fundamentals for Wealth and Asset Management Programme, you are required to attend Module 1 of the respective programme (15 hour version).
Financial Incentive Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
This course has already been approved as an eligible course of the Financial Incentive Scheme for Professional Training (“the Scheme”) under the Pilot Programme to Enhance Talent Training for the Asset and Wealth Management Sector (“the Pilot Programme”). The Scheme aims to enhance the competency and professionalism of in-service practitioners within the asset and wealth management sector and to assist other practitioners within the financial services industry in acquiring the knowledge and skills required for entering the sector. Eligible applicants will be subsidised 80% of the course fees by the HKSAR Government upon satisfactory completion of the courses approved by Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute, subject to a ceiling of HK$15,000. Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute is appointed as the implementation agent of the Pilot Programme. Regarding the details of eligible criteria and application procedures, please refer to the dedicated web-site of the Pilot Programme (https://www.wamtalent.org.hk/).