Compliance, Legislative & Regulatory Standards
Fraud Prevention (Global) 2023
*This is an updated version of TERRM22003501.
Fraud is a global issue that threatens all economies, organisations and individuals with substantial financial and reputational losses.
This course will help you understand the various types of fraud and the best practices for detecting and preventing fraud in your day-to-day role.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define fraud;
- Outline the myths and misconceptions of fraud;
- Outline the legal framework associated with fraud;
- Identify the types of financial fraud;
- Identify and describe the behaviours of the fraudsters by utilising the fraud triangle;
- Outline the red flags in relation to internal and external fraud; and
- Define the process of how to reduce fraud being committed
- Types of Financial Fraud
- Fraudster Profile
- Detection and Prevention