Overview of PWM Markets: Hong Kong, Mainland China and Asia-Pacific (2022)
*This is an updated version of TEPWM21009601 with ONLY Module 2 being updated, i.e. there is no change in Module 1 and 3.
This eCourse consists of three modules which are eSeminars by Private Wealth Management Association (PWMA) for Topic 10 of Paper 2 of the Certified Private Wealth Professional (CPWP) Module 1 Examination.
Module 1 focuses on the recent industry trends and characteristics of private wealth management (PWM) markets in Hong Kong and Asia-Pacific including mainland China. (Part 1: In Cantonese with English subtitle, Part 2: In English with Traditional Chinese subtitle)
Module 2 examines the issues that private wealth managers should consider when conducting business in mainland China. (In Putonghua with Traditional Chinese and English subtitle)
Module 3 explores PWM products and services available for mainland China PWM customers in both onshore and offshore markets. (In English with Traditional Chinese subtitle)
*As these three eSeminars are the only source of materials on Topic 10 for preparing CPWP Paper 2 examination, all P2 exam candidates will be enrolled in this course by default.
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe recent industry trends and emerging challenges for Hong Kong’s private wealth managers
- Identify the key characteristics of Mainland China's financial markets and how they have changed over time
- Describe the trends in the Asia-Pacific PWM industry generally
- Examine the issues affecting Mainland China’s PWM business and analyse how the issues affect customer base of private wealth managers
- Illustrate the legal and regulatory constraints affecting offshore managers conducting business in mainland China
- Describe the role of wealth planning and asset allocation services in enhancing relationships with Chinese HNWIs/UHNWIs
- Compare offshore and onshore investments available to mainland Chinese PWM customers
- Describe a range of China-related products available to international investors interested in the Chinese capital markets.
- Identify in principle the services suitable for Chinese HNWIs/UHNWIs who have offshore assets
Module 1 - Trends and Characteristics of PWM Markets
- Recent industry trends and emerging challenges for Hong Kong’s private wealth managers
- Key characteristics of mainland China customers
- Key products and services in the Asia-Pacific PWM industry
Module 2 - Issues Related to Conducting PWM Business in Mainland China
- Review of China's PWM Market in 2021*
- Factors affecting China’s PWM market
- Participants of China’s PWM market
- Products and services of China’s PWM market
- Regulatory framework and development of China’s PWM markets
- Initiatives for opening up the China’s financial market
- Wealth planning and asset allocation services in enhancing relationships with Chinese HNWIs/UHNWIs
- Overview of Family Offices in China*
Module 3 - PWM Products and Services for Mainland Chinese Customers
- China onshore and offshore equity markets and products
- China onshore and offshore bond markets and products
- China onshore and offshore funds and private equity markets and products
- Mutual market
- Serving mainland Chinese PWM customers with offshore assets
- Common onshore available products for Mainland Chinese PWM customers
Who should attend
It is primarily targeted to CPWP candidates who wish to take the CPWP Module 1 Paper 2 Examination. It is also relevant to those PWM practitioners who would like to enhance their industry knowledge in wealth management.