Beyond Bitcoin and Blockchain: Revolution of ‘FIN-TECH’ to ‘TECH-FIN’
This eSeminar is a recorded session of the webinar that was held on 8 December 2021.
With the advent of blockchain and virtual assets, the old relationship has flipped from “Finance being supported by Tech” (FIN-TECH) to a new Paradigm of “Tech first, supported by Finance markets” (TECH-FIN).
By the end of this eSeminar, you will:
- Have an overview of the development of blockchain and bitcoin
- Know the latest developments of regulated BTC Futures ETF
- Understand the impact of smart contracts platforms on creating decentralised economies
Topic 1: Recent Institutional Adoption: Regulated ETF Futures BTC
- Compare holding BTC Spot vs. the ETF BTC futures trade.
- Why problems with futures basis, roll and trading limits make the ETF expensive to hold versus spot.
Topic 2: Trends and Strategies Long Term Investors Care About
- Show how Smart Contract Platforms are powering the New Decentralised Economy
- Stable Coins, DeFi , PTE Gaming, STO's, and influencing the infrastructure and pop-culture of tomorrow (Web 3.0, NFT's, the Metaverse)
- Show how VA hedging instruments can provide both attractive return opportunities and delivers lower market risk profile with increased market efficiency.
Who should attend
This course is primarily targeted at asset managers, brokers, traders and professional investors who may consider investing in virtual assets.
He has an established institutional Fixed Income track record of advising institutional clients, including pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, corporates and private bank asset allocator advisors. He has worked with the most internationally recognized asset management companies, including PIMCO, Fidelity International, BNP Paribas across London and Hong Kong. He has experience of asset allocation, debt capital markets, including Global Bonds, EM Debt and Asia Credit, FX markets and Venture Capital.
Previously, he has been a mentor to the Cyberport Incubator Fund, helping start-ups with strategic and technology advisory. He has made various partner investments across blockchain, digital assets, e-Sports, FinTech, Fitness and Wellness and Technical Education among various other early-stage projects.